On the 28th of March (14:00-17:00), we are hosting a local workshop for the H2020 project CITYLAB on City Logistics in Living Laboratories. Theme of the workshop is sharing economy logistics. We will present and discuss findings of the CITYLAB pilot project with P&G in Brussels as well as other examples of capacity sharing.
Registration is not necessary, entrance to the workshop is free of charge. We’ll meet up at VBO (Ravensteinstraat 4 – Brussels), attendees can sign in upon arrival at the reception. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Brussels trial, please visit the project website.
- 14:00 Welcome – Cathy Macharis (VUB-MOBI)
- 14:05 Introduction to sharing economy logistics – Sara Verlinde (VUB-MOBI)
- 14:25-15:15 Transport capacity sharing
- 14:25 Increasing vehicle loading by utilising spare transport capacity (P&G) – Lieven Deketele (P&G) / Bram Kin (VUB-MOBI)
- 14:45 Crowd logistics – Jan Merckx (VIL) / Heleen Buldeo Rai (VUB-MOBI)
- 15:05 Questions and discussion on transport capacity sharing
- 15:15 Break
- 15:25-16:15 Shared warehousing
- 15:25 Multi supplier – multi retailer platform: biscuits suppliers and retailers are setting up a collaboration for sustainable logistics (Colruyt/Delhaize) (TBC)
- 15:45 (TBC)
- 16:05 Questions and discussion on shared warehousing
- 16:15-17:30 Networking drink