The position is in the department “Electric Engineering and Energy Technology” which is part of the Faculty of Engineering Sciences. The candidate will work in the interdisciplinary research group MOBI. MOBI is a leader in electromobility research and socio-economic evaluations for sustainable mobility and logistics. It has an enthusiastic, international and multidisciplinary team of over 65 specialists. Over the past 5 years the group participated in 21 EU projects, 59 projects with the industry and 61 projects funded by national organizations.
6 new European project proposals have been accepted by the European Commission in the framework of the Green Vehicle initiative, opening up opportunities to join our team.
1 scholarship in Energy Storage: online identification techniques for batteries and electro-thermal modeling
The project aims to develop online identification techniques and advanced electro-thermal models for Li-ion batteries. The knowledge obtained is important for the optimization of the battery systems.For the evaluation and understanding of usage, it is important to combine mathematical modeling with experimental work.
1 scholarship in Energy Storage: electro-thermal characterization of Li-ion batteries with emphasis on optimization of battery modules and thermal management
The project aims to develop generic electro-thermal models for Li-ion battery for traction and stationary applications. The knowledge obtained is important for the optimization of the battery systems and thermal management. For the evaluation and understanding of usage, it is important to combine mathematical modeling with experimental work.
1 scholarship in Rechargeable Energy Storage Systems
- Development of evaluation techniques and models
- Writing research reports and scientific articles
- Presenting research at (international) seminars and conferences
- Coach thesis students
- Occasional teaching
The candidate should have
- a Master/Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrochemistry, Material Science, Chemistry or Physics with some experience in electrochemistry;
- good theoretical knowledge and interest in both experimental and modeling work; Interest in the broader field of energy storage and in particular batteries and multiscale modelling;
- good communication skills in English (speaking and writing);
- ability to work both in a team and independently;
- a proactive attitude in the projects (s)he is involved;
Project management skills are an asset.
- 1 year scholarship (can be extended up to a total of 4 years)
- Dynamic, international and multi-lingual work environment in a green oasis in Brussels
- Hospitalization cover
- Free use of public transport for travel to and from work
- Extensive sporting facilities and a nursery on campus
Envisaged starting date: 30/10/2017
Please send your application directly to:
Prof. dr. Noshin Omar.
T: +32 2 629 28 39
All applications must at least include the following attachments:
- A brief CV
- Comprehensive details of academic portfolio
- Recommendation letter(s)