We are looking for an excellent graduate to work in the field of mobility. You can apply directly via the VUB Talent Finder.
Vacancy PhD researcher (100%) at VUB-MOBI.
Envisioned starting date: as soon as possible
Contact: Dr. Eliza Gagatsi, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, T : +32 (0)2 629 20 87
PhD research within the research centre MOBI (mobi.vub.ac.be) in the interdisciplinary domains of mobility, sustainability and socio-economic assessment with focus on the organisation of surveys and other types of data collection campaigns and the analysis of travel survey data. The research and approach will be entirely embedded within the research projects of MOBI in line with the skills and knowledge background of the candidate.
- The candidate will carry out research in the domains of mobility and socio-economic assessment.
- She/he will write research reports and valorise research results in popular and academic publications.
- She/he will present research results at workshops and conferences
- She/he will contribute to public dissemination activities
- She/he will organise workshops and conferences in line with the requirements of the her/his research project.
The candidate should have
- A Master’s Degree in Transportation, Transport Planning, Economics, Geography, Management, Commercial engineer (Handelsingenieur), Political science, Logistics, Operational Research or related discipline.
- Interest in mobility and socio-economic assessments with strong quantitative methodological skills.
- Good qualitative research skills are an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication in English are essential, good knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an advantage.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of partners.
- Good time management and planning skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Additional software (i.e. SPSS, GIS, MATLAB, etc.) and solid statistics skills are also a plus.
Discuss your specific research interest and the ways in which your interests connect to ongoing research within the VUB-MOBI group.
Candidates that have not yet acquired their MSc degree can apply and participate in the selection procedure, but need to offer proof of registration in their MSc programme and need to have complied with all diploma requirements before starting their position at VUB-MOBI.