The position is in the department “Electric Engineering and Energy Technology” which is part of the Faculty of Engineering Sciences. The candidate will work in the interdisciplinary research group MOBI. MOBI is a leader in electromobility research and socio-economic evaluations for sustainable mobility and logistics. It has an enthusiastic, international and multidisciplinary team of over 65 specialists. Over the past 5 years the group participated in 21 EU projects, 59 projects with the industry and 61 projects funded by national organizations.
6 new European project proposals have been accepted by the European Commission in the framework of the Green Vehicle initiative, opening up opportunities to join our team.
2 scholarships in Power Electronics (PE) interfaces and control system for Electric (hybrid) systems: Focusing on scalable power electronics converters and their integration in Vehicles.
- Development and implementation of PE converters with topology selection and advanced control techniques;
- Modelling of electrical Machines;
- Development of modular subsystem models and efficient model interfaces to be integrated in the drivetrain (DT) simulation platform;
- Writing research reports and scientific articles;
- Presenting research at (international) seminars and conferences;
- Coach master thesis students.
The candidate should have
- an academic Master/Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering;
- VERY strong theoretical knowledge and interest in both experimental and modeling work in the field of power electronics, Real-time workshop (RTW) implementation, their control systems and optimization;
- good communication skills in English (speaking and writing);
- ability to work both in a team and independently while carrying out complex tasks;
- ability to take initiative;
- a proactive attitude in the projects (s)he is involved.
Preferred skill requirements include knowledge of power electronics (i.e. DC/DC converters, charging systems, DC/AC inverters, etc.), electric machines, (hybrid) electric vehicles, control and optimization strategies and Matlab/Simulink.
- 1 year scholarship (can be extended up to a total of 4 years)
- Dynamic, international and multi-lingual work environment in a green oasis in Brussels
- Hospitalization cover
- Free use of public transport for travel to and from work
- Extensive sporting facilities and a nursery on campus
Deadline for applications: 1/7/2018
How to apply?
Please send your application directly to:
Prof. dr. Omar Hegazy
T: +32 2 629 29 92
All applications must at least include the following attachments:
- A brief CV
- Comprehensive details of academic portfolio
- At least 2 recommendation letter(s)
- Transcripts and scores
- Cover / motivation letter