The position is in the Faculty of Engineering Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel. The candidate will work in the research group MOBI (Mobility, Logistics and Automotive Technology Research Centre). MOBI is a top-notch research group at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel that has an international reputation in the fields of sustainable transport and its integration in the energy system. Battery Innovation Center (BIC) of MOBI has been involved in Battery characterization, modelling, thermal management research. In last couple of years BIC expanded its research incorporating battery assembly and fabrication processes, in particular, all solid-state batteries. BIC has been successful in securing several national and European research projects in the field of battery fabrication and assembly of all solid-state batteries.
- Performing and leading research activities within projects.
- Innovate new solution of existing technical challenges.
- Guiding and supervising Ph students in day to activities.
- Publish research outcome.
- Prepare research proposal for future projects.
The candidate should have
- An academic PhD degree in Physics/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Material Engineering or relevant discipline;
- Good knowledge of electrochemistry;
- Previous experience in fabrication of battery/fuel cell electrode;
- Knowledge of material synthesis is desirable but not mandatory;
- Experience with solid-state electrolyte will be given preference;
- Excellent communication skills in English (speaking and writing);
- Ability to work both in a team and independently while carrying out complex tasks;
- Ability to take initiative; and
- A proactive attitude in the projects (s)he is involved.
- Competitive salary
- Hospitalization cover
- Free use of public transport for travel to and from work
- Extensive sporting facilities and a nursery on campus
- Young, international and challenging work environment at the cutting edge of innovative research
Deadline for application: 21/07/2019
Starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply?
- A detailed CV including details of all academic degrees and list of relevant publication
- A cover letter explaining the motivation for joining this position and highlighting expertise of the candidate which is most relevant to the technical requirement.
- A copy of Phd Diploma